القائمة الرئيسية

الصفحات

مقالات سريعة [LastPost]

 

 Classroom language


Greetings


•       Hello, everyone.

•       Good morning, everybody.

•       Good afternoon, class.

•        How are you today 

•       How are you getting on?

•       How are things with you?

•       Are you feeling better today, David?

•       Today is very cold, isn’t it?

Introduction

•       My name is Mr/Mrs/Ms Smith. I’ll be teaching you English this year.

•       I’m your new English teacher.

•       Let’s begin today’s lesson.

•       Let’s begin our lesson now.

•       I hope you are all ready for your English lesson.

•       I think we can start now.

•       It’s time to begin, please stop talking.

Register

•       Who isn’t here today?

•       Who is absent today?

Instructions can be used at the beginning of a session

•       Are you ready?

•       Everybody …

•       Pay attention, everybody.

•       Open your books at page…

•       You need pencils/rulers.

•       We’ll learn how to …

•       You have five minutes to do this.

•       Listen to this tape.

•       Repeat after me.

•       Again, please.

•       Who’s next?

•       Like this, not like that.

Comprehension language

•       Do you get it?

•       Are you with me?

•       Are you OK?

•       Do you follow me?

•       OK so far?

•       Do you understand?

•       What did you say?

•       One more time, please.

•       Say it again, please.

 

 

Giving instructions

•       I want you all to join in.

•       The whole class, please.

•       Come out and write it on the board.

•       Get into groups of four.

•       I would like you to write this down.

•       Who would like to read?

•       Do you want to answer question 4?

•       Can you all see the board?

Sequencing

•       First/ First of all, today, …

•       After that/ Then

•       Right. Now we will go on to the next exercise.

•       Have you finished?

•       For the last thing today, let’s …

•       Whose turn is it to read?

•       Which question are you on?

•       Who hasn’t answered yet?

•       Let me explain what I want you to do next.

•       The idea of this exercise is for you to …

•       You have ten minutes to do this.

Questions

•       Any questions?

•       Now I’m going to ask you some questions.

•       Please raise your hand if you don’t understand.

•       Say it in a loud voice. Louder, please!

•       Use a full sentence please.

Reference

•       As I said earlier, …

•       Let me sum up.

Encouragement

•       That’s interesting!

•       That really is very kind of you.

•       Don’t worry, I’m sure you’ll do better next time.

•       I’m really impressed. I knew you could do it!

•       Practice makes perfect.

•       Good! Excellent! Well done! That’s great!

•       Magnificent!

•       That’s right.

•       It depends.

•       There’s no need to rush.

•       We have plenty of time

•       Unfortunately not.

•       I’m afraid that’s not quite right.

 

 

 : Time to stop

•       Let’s stop now.

•       It’s time to finish now.

•       Any questions?

•       Pack up your books.

•       One minute to finish that activity. It’s nearly time to go.

•       Are your desks tidy?

•       Don’t forget to bring your … tomorrow.

•       That’s all (we have time) for today.

•       Remember your homework.

•       See you again next ………….

•       Line up







 


هل اعجبك الموضوع :

تعليقات

التنقل السريع